There is an opening at Laney College for a Ceramics Technician starting mid-August 2017.
1. Load, fire, and unload electric kilns.
2. Load, fire, and unload gas kilns.
3. Mix class glazes using scales and following recipes.
4. Mix class colored slips.
5. Repair electric kiln.
6. Maintain gas kilns.
7. Monitor glaze materials and communicate needs to the head of the department.
8. Possibly clean main studio floors with water and vacuum.
9. Keep kiln room clean and well organized.
10. Must enjoy working with and helping students.
For more info: Contact Sherry Karver 510-653-2524 or email at: email@example.com
Go online to Laney College HR, classified position to find link for filling out application.